Industry Abstract Previews of ACR 2022 Save
The pharmaceutical companies have will showcase their featured clinical trials and abstracts at ACR 2022. These are their best studies for you to review and evaluate as part of your to-do list. In the least, you should be familiar with the names and objectives of some of these studies as they will be discussed and mentioned throughout the meeting.
Abbvie will present 36 abstracts at ACR22, including analyses of long-term safety data for RINVOQ® (upadacitinib) and SKYRIZI® (risankizumab). Look for their review of data on rates of major adverse cardiovascular events (MACE) and venous thromboembolic events (VTE) in the RA, PsA and AS clinical trial programs of upadacitinib. Also several poster presentations on data from the KEEPsAKE clinical trials evaluating risankizumab in psoriatic arthritis including long-term data across specific sub-groups, and SELECT clinical trials evaluating upadacitinib in psoriatic arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and axial spondyloarthritis.
- Safety and Efficacy of Upadacitinib in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis and Inadequate Response or Intolerance to Biologic DMARDs: Results Through 5 Years From the SELECT-BEYOND Study Abstract #0294; Poster Session A; Nov. 12, 2022 1:00–3:00 p.m.
- Safety and Efficacy of Upadacitinib in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis and Inadequate Response to Conventional Synthetic DMARDs: Results Through 5 Years From the SELECT-NEXT Study. Abstract #0295; Poster Session A; Nov. 12, 2022 1:00–3:00 p.m.
- Risankizumab (RZB) Demonstrates Long-Term Efficacy Across Subgroups in Patients with Active Psoriatic Arthritis (PsA): A Post Hoc, Integrated Analysis From the Phase 3 (KEEPsAKE 1 and KEEPsAKE 2) Studies. Abstract #0308; Poster Session A; Nov. 12, 2022 1:00–3:00 p.m.
- Efficacy of Risankizumab in the Treatment of PsA Patients with Limited and Extensive Joint Involvement. Abstract #1504; Poster Session C; Nov. 13, 2022 1:00–3:00 p.m.
- The Impact of Second-Line Therapeutic on Disease Control After Discontinuation of First Line TNF Inhibitor in Patients with PsA: Analysis from the CorEvitas Psoriatic Arthritis/Spondylarthritis Registry . Abstract #1600; Oral Presentation; Room 201; Nov. 13, 2022 3:45–3:55 p.m.
- Efficacy of Upadacitinib in Patients with Non-Radiographic Axial Spondyloarthritis Stratified by Objective Signs of Inflammation at Baseline. Abstract #0419; Poster Session A; Nov. 13, 2022 1:00–3:00 p.m.
- The Impact of Cycling Among Tumor Necrosis Factor Inhibitors on Disease Control in Patients with Axial Spondyloarthritis: A Study from the CorEvitas PsA/SpA Registry. Abstract #1499; Poster Session C; Nov. 13, 2022 1:00–3:00 p.m.; 1:20-1:25 p.m.
- Malignancy in the Upadacitinib Clinical Trial Programs for Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriatic Arthritis, and Ankylosing Spondylitis. Abstract #0292; Poster Session A; Nov. 12, 2022 1:00–3:00 p.m.
- MACE and VTE Across Upadacitinib Clinical Trial Programs in Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriatic Arthritis, and Ankylosing Spondylitis Abstract #0510; Oral Presentation; Room 119; Nov. 12, 2022 4:00-4:10 p.m.
Janssen will present new analyses of DISCOVER-2 data the 2022 American College of Rheumatology (ACR) Convergence meeting. Post-hoc analysis of DISCOVER-2 Phase 3 data suggest active psoriatic arthritis patients with week 8 response to TREMFYA showed meaningful improvements in health-related quality of life at week 100, compared to patients without early response.
Additional post-hoc analyses show treatment with TREMFYA demonstrated improvements of fatigue (FACIT-F scale) at week 8, demonstrating clinically meaningful and durable long-term improvements, with nearly a third maintaining normative levels through week 100.
- McInnes I, et al. Early Clinical Improvement as Predictor of Long-term Health-Related Quality of Life in Psoriatic Arthritis Patients Treated with Guselkumab: Post Hoc Analysis Through 2 Years of a Phase 3 Study.
Amgen will present 22 abstract at ACR 2022 including data on New Real-World Evidence Highlights Amgevita (adalimumab biosimilar) Utilization, Treatment Satisfaction and Persistence in European Patients and New Data From First-in-Class Treatment Taveneos (avacopan) Evaluating Renal Function Among Adults Living With Severe Active ANCA-Associated Vasculitis.
Real-World Utilization of Adalimumab Biosimilar (ABP 501) in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis and Psoriatic Arthritis in Europe Abstract #1387, Virtual Poster Session, Sunday, Nov. 13 from 1-3 p.m. EST
Treatment Persistence and Switching Patterns of ABP 501 (AMGEVITA®) in German Patients with Rheumatic Diseases Abstract #1425, Virtual Poster Session, Sunday, Nov. 13 from 1-3 p.m. EST
Unmet Need in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) Therapy: High Corticosteroid Use and Poor Adherence and Persistence to SLE Treatments in the US Abstract #1275040, Oral Poster Session, Monday, Nov. 14 from 3-4:30 p.m. EST
Outcomes of Etanercept and Janus Kinase Inhibitor Treatment After First-line Use of Adalimumab in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis Abstracts #1588, Oral Poster Session, Sunday, Nov. 13 from 3-4:30 p.m. EST
Change in Disease Activity and Occurrence of Adverse Events After Initiation of Etanercept in Pediatric Patients with Juvenile Psoriatic Arthritis in the CARRA Registry Abstracts #1418, Virtual Poster Session, Sunday, Nov. 13 from 1-3 p.m. EST
Effect of Romosozumab in Postmenopausal Women with Knee Osteoarthritis: Results from the FRAME Clinical TrialAbstract #1278232, Virtual Poster Session, Sunday, Nov. 13 from 1-3 p.m. EST
Characterization of Joint Distribution and Disease Burden in Patients with Early Oligoarticular Psoriatic Arthritis: Results from the Ongoing FOREMOST Study (EULAR 2022 Encore) Abstract #1289024, Virtual Poster Session, Sunday, Nov. 13 from 9-10:30 a.m. EST
Diabetes Burden and Effects of Apremilast on Changes in Cardiometabolic Parameters in Patients with Psoriasis (PsO) or Psoriatic Arthritis (PsA) in a Real-World Setting Abstract #1290834, Virtual Poster Session, Sunday, Nov. 13 from 1-3 p.m. EST
Comparative Effectiveness of Osteoporosis (OP) Therapies Among a Population of Postmenopausal Women in the United States (U.S.) (Encore) Abstract #1276817, Oral Presentation Session, Sunday, Nov. 13 from 8:30-8:40 a.m. EST
Recovery of Renal Function Among ANCA-Associated Vasculitis Patients with Baseline eGFR ≤20 in the Avacopan ADVOCATE Trial Abstract #0525, Oral Presentation Session, Saturday, Nov. 12 from 3:15-3:25 p.m. EST
ANCA-Associated Vasculitis Treated with Avacopan versus a Standard Prednisone Taper: Glucocorticoid Toxicity Index Scores by Domain Abstract #1076, Ignite Talk Session, Sunday, Nov. 13 from 10:15-10:20 a.m. EST
- Glucocorticoid Use and Related Adverse Events in ADVOCATE Trial of Avacopan in ANCA-Associated Vasculitis Abstract #1078, Poster Session, Sunday, Nov. 13 from 9-10:30 a.m. EST
UCB will present 15 Abstracts including New Late-Breaking Data at ACR Convergence 2022. Much of their data evaluates bimekizumab in the treatment of PsA and across the spectrum of axSpA (three oral presentations, three ‘Ignite Talks’ and six e-posters). Late-breaking 52-week data on investigational bimekizumab in the treatment of adults with active psoriatic arthritis and active axial spondyloarthritis to be presented.
Bimekizumab Treatment in Biologic DMARD-Naïve Patients with Active Psoriatic Arthritis: 52-Week Efficacy and Safety Results from a Phase 3, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Active Reference Study. #L02 Oral presentation: Monday, November 14, 9:15am – 9:25am (ET)
Bimekizumab Treatment in Patients with Active Psoriatic Arthritis and Inadequate Response to Tumor Necrosis Factor Inhibitors: 16-week Efficacy and Safety from a Phase 3, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study. #1599 Oral presentation: Sunday, November 13, 3:30pm – 3:40pm (ET)
Bimekizumab Improvements in Efficacy on Disease Activity Assessed via Composite Endpoints in Biologic DMARD-naïve and TNFi-IR Patients with Active PsA: Pooled 16-Week Results from Phase 3 Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Studies # 2117 e-Poster: Monday, November 14, 1:00pm – 3:00pm (ET)
Bimekizumab Maintains Improvements in Efficacy Endpoints and has a Consistent Safety Profile Through 52 Weeks in Patients with Non-Radiographic Axial Spondyloarthritis and Ankylosing Spondylitis: Results from Two Parallel Phase 3 Studies #L14 Ignite Talk: Monday, November 14, 2:35pm – 2:40pm (ET)
Bimekizumab Improves Signs and Symptoms, Including Inflammation, in Patients with Active Non-Radiographic Axial Spondyloarthritis: 24-Week Efficacy & Safety from a Phase 3, Multicenter, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Study #0544 Oral presentation: Saturday, November 12, 5:00pm – 5.10pm (ET)
Bimekizumab Improves Signs and Symptoms, Including Inflammation, in Patients with Active Ankylosing Spondylitis: 24-Week Efficacy & Safety From a Phase 3, Multicenter, Randomized, Placebo Controlled Study #0411 Ignite Talk: Sunday, November 13, 9:10am – 9.15am (ET)
An Exploratory Analysis of the Potential Disconnect Between Objective Inflammatory Response and Clinical Response following Certolizumab Pegol Treatment in Patients with Active Axial Spondyloarthritis #0543 Oral presentation: Saturday, November 12, 4:45pm – 4:55pm (ET)
Aurinia Pharmaceuticals will present data from multiple studies of Lupkynis (voclosporin), used to treat adults with active lupus nephritis (LN), at American College of Rheumatology (ACR) Convergence 2022.
Voclosporin Is Effective in Achieving Proteinuria Treatment Targets in Lupus Nephritis Defined by EULAR/ERA Recommendations Date: Saturday, November 12, 2022 Time: 1:00 p.m - 3:00 p.m ET Session: SLE-Treatment Poster I, Abstract 0357
Long-term Safety and Efficacy of Voclosporin in Hispanic and Latino Patients with Lupus Nephritis Date: Saturday, November 12, 2022Time: 1:00 p.m - 3:00 p.m ET Session: SLE-Treatment Poster I, Abstract 0358
Voclosporin for Lupus Nephritis: Assessment of Long-Term Safety and Efficacy Including Renal Outcome over Three Years of Treatment in the Phase 3 AURORA 1 and AURORA 2 Studies
Date: Monday, November 14, 2022 Time: 9:00 a.m - 10:30 a.m ET Session: Abstracts: SLE-Treatment, Abstract 1653