RheumNow Podcast – Driving in Pain (8.20.2021) Save
Dr. Jack Cush reviews the news, journal articles and more from this past week on RheumNow.com.
- Scottish study of 78 000 veterans shows no association between military service and future OA knee/hip. 78K Vets compared to 253K non-Vets shows Vets with a lower risk of THR (HR 0.87), but not TKR (HR 1.02). https://t.co/JU7Q80qji1
- Belimumab in Pregnancy? a study of 13 pregnancies in 13 pts, mean age 38 yrs.. There were 11 live births, 1 case omphalitis (recovered w Abx) . No fetal anomalies found. 6 pts (46%) w/ Hx of recurrent pregnancy loss, four had live births on BEL https://t.co/FJJhepa25M
- Acute CPPD arthritis -1697 pts compared w/ 6503 controls. CPPD pts were older (74 yrs), 57% female, 81% White; & assoc w/ OA (OR 3.1), male (OR 1.3), RA (2.1), gout (2.8), PPI (1.9), diuretics (~1.5). CPPD less likely in Blacks vs Whites (OR 0.47) https://t.co/U22jBmjWXm
- #RA & Driving studied w/ installed auto sensor-based instrumentation - 23 controls compared to 33 RA pts (1292 driving hrs): shows RA & worsening Dz severity assoc w/ poor vehicle control; Braking/accelerating & steering variability liked to CDAI levels. https://t.co/umXGAbuicz
- Oligoarticular Versus Polyarticular Psoriatic Arthritis https://t.co/bIPdfUIL5S
- Using data from Framingham Study, 347 pt w/ Widespread Pain (WP) compared to 2117 without. WP was associated with an increased risk of all-cause dementia (HR: 1.43), Alzheimer's (HR: 1.47) and stroke risk (HR: 1.29). https://t.co/S1CS01zNkJ
- 16 Pts on mech ventilation for SARS-CoV-2- induced ARDS with hyperinflammation were treated with ruxolitinib plus standard care - 13/16 survived 28 days. Better outcomes seen w/ RUX and Lymph-neutrophil ration > 0.07. https://t.co/4O2Y5swE0x
- Metanalysis of Colchicine in coronary artery disease (CAD) (13RCTs, n=13125), colchicine signif. reduces the risk of MI (OR 0.64) & CVA/TIA (OR 0.50), but has a higher rate of GI upset with no influence on all‐cause mortality (OR 0.96) https://t.co/CRDUFsc6lG
- Tocilizumab in Refractory Skin and Joint Scleroderma
- Booster Shots for Rheumatology Patients on Immunosuppressive Medications
- HHS, FDA & CDC Joint Recommendation on COVID Booster
- EULAR Points on Managing Difficult Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Please RATE our podcast!
The author has no conflicts of interest to disclose related to this subject